Diving in Nassau and CocoCay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SOMD Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I will be on a RC cruise in November to Nassau and CocoCay. Can anyone recommend a good diving excursion on either island. Anyone know of any caverns there? I am only going get to dive once while on the trip due to the non-divers I will be with so I want to make it a good one.

It's not CocoCay, that's the RCL private island, the dive there is only about 40' deep.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cruises/82733-any-divers-been-coco-cay.html

On Nassau your choices are:

Stuart Cove's - the cruise operator - Stuart Cove's Cruise Ships Shark Cage Diving Bahamas Stuart Cove's Aqua Adventures - Cruise Ships All their dives are either wreck, wall or shark dives.

Bahama Divers - if you're off the ship early - they have an 8:30AM dive departure. Bahama Divers is maybe 10mins. by cab from the port once you clear customs. Near the bridge to Paradise Island. They dive Trinity Caves on Thurs.
This site is a collection of shallow caves, actually deeply recessed leges, with three major openings. In 45 ft. of water, the caves go in about 30 ft. with the largest opening eight feet across and four feet high. Look for large lobsters and reclusive groupers.
If you're there Mon,Wed or Sat do the Blue Hole dive instead.

Explore Scuba - IDK anything about them. Home | Explore Scuba Bahamas is the only dive operator located right on Paradise Island

That's pretty much it.

Back
Top Bottom