Diving in Myrtle Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach, and dove with Express Water Sports (Scuba Express) in Murrells Inlet (just South of Myrtle Beach). Once again, they did not fail to impress. Saturday's seas were rough (3-5) and almost everyone on Board was sick, including crew. That did not stop them from going to the planned site, the Hebe (110 feet), and giving everyone who wanted it the opportunity to get two full tanks in. The anchor line broke free during the end of the first dive, but they rounded us all up, took a role call and returned to the site and tied off again for dive #2. Sunday's seas were to be the same, but our group drove 9+ hours to dive the Hebe, and they spent Sunday on the Hebe as well. I suffered a cut Saturday and was unable to go out Sunday, but the rest of the group did. Some other divers joined our group and found some really interesting artifacts and did some spear fishing. Due to my injury, they did not charge me for Sunday. The only negative I have about their operation is the crew is not always as helpful as they could be, but our group is pretty self-sufficient and don't want or need much assistance. If we ever ask for something, it is provided immediately (including first aid for me on dive number one for my cut and directions to the ER when we got back to land later - we were 40+ miles out). We have always enjoyed diving with Jonathan and Jennifer and will continue to use them in the future. Some pics of our recovery efforts can be found at Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba Dive, Parasail, Kayak & Ocean Sightseeing Dolphin Watch And jet skis in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Hebe gallery

I used the shop a long time ago (1997) and they gave great service. The owner was very into diving, very helpful, knowledgeable, and very focused on the business. My personel opinion was that it was a "professional" operation. His business has grown significantly over the years. I think this is a very good indicator.

Thanks, Lee. My reg, which they serviced, worked fine in Coz in March. I will go back to them.

Sounds tempting. :) Water temp and wetsuit used?

I just returned from a weekend trip to Myrtle Beach, and dove with Express Water Sports (Scuba Express) in Murrells Inlet (just South of Myrtle Beach). Once again, they did not fail to impress. Saturday's seas were rough (3-5) and almost everyone on Board was sick, including crew. That did not stop them from going to the planned site, the Hebe (110 feet), and giving everyone who wanted it the opportunity to get two full tanks in. The anchor line broke free during the end of the first dive, but they rounded us all up, took a role call and returned to the site and tied off again for dive #2. Sunday's seas were to be the same, but our group drove 9+ hours to dive the Hebe, and they spent Sunday on the Hebe as well. I suffered a cut Saturday and was unable to go out Sunday, but the rest of the group did. Some other divers joined our group and found some really interesting artifacts and did some spear fishing. Due to my injury, they did not charge me for Sunday. The only negative I have about their operation is the crew is not always as helpful as they could be, but our group is pretty self-sufficient and don't want or need much assistance. If we ever ask for something, it is provided immediately (including first aid for me on dive number one for my cut and directions to the ER when we got back to land later - we were 40+ miles out). We have always enjoyed diving with Jonathan and Jennifer and will continue to use them in the future. Some pics of our recovery efforts can be found at Express Water Sports - Myrtle Beach Scuba Dive, Parasail, Kayak & Ocean Sightseeing Dolphin Watch And jet skis in Myrtle Beach South Carolina - Hebe gallery

Thanks guys! Welcome back!!! We will post you pics in the gallery today. Joe the Mighty Quinn was in Florida springs with students and hated he missed the trip. He says Hello!
We will hope for calmer seas on your next visit. Thanks for the well written review

See ya soon!
Dive team!

Last edited:
email sent

Thanks guys! Welcome back!!! We will post you pics in the gallery today. Joe the Mighty Quinn was in Florida springs with students and hated he missed the trip. He says Hello!
We will hope for calmer seas on your next visit. Thanks for the well written review

See ya soon!
Dive team!

I dove with Scuba Express a couple of times last year and found them to be a great operation. I look forward to another chance to get down that way and I would not hesitate to use them again.

BTW, if you're going to be diving out of Murrells Inlet, check into the Brookwood Inn for lodging. It's not much to look at from the road, but it's close to the boat, clean rooms, and the staff will take care of you.

Thanks for that Inn tip that is close to the dive Op. What is the water temp this time of year?

I wrote Scuba Express an email this morning with a few questions but have not gotten a reply back.

I dove with Scuba Express a couple of times last year and found them to be a great operation. I look forward to another chance to get down that way and I would not hesitate to use them again.

BTW, if you're going to be diving out of Murrells Inlet, check into the Brookwood Inn for lodging. It's not much to look at from the road, but it's close to the boat, clean rooms, and the staff will take care of you.

Water temps should be somewhere in the mid 60s. Maybe even moving into the upper 60s depending on where you go.

Water temps in the mid to upper 60's (one computer claimed 70. went dry because I have a new one i wanted to use and because I tend to be 'thermally challenged'. I overweight, make myself a nice little bubble on the bottom, and dig for Neptune's sea trash. I am looking at my calender now, trying to figure out when I can go back again.

Back
Top Bottom