Diving in Myrtle Beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We also stayed at the Brookwood. I would say it is a divers 'dive'. We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It may not make you smarter, but they have coffee and doughnuts in the morning in the lobby. Both are very close (1-2 miles max) and the Brookwood has plenty of room (and hoses) to rinse your gear, and you park right in front of your room. Best $60 per room (with 2 double beds) money can buy in this day and age.

Water temps should be somewhere in the mid 60s. Maybe even moving into the upper 60s depending on where you go.

eek, that's too cold for this warm water wuz :) That's a 5 mil and hood, or 7 mil. Not dry suit certifed. When does the water get to mid or high 70s?

eek, that's too cold for this warm water wuz :) That's a 5 mil and hood, or 7 mil. Not dry suit certifed. When does the water get to mid or high 70s?

Soon....very soon.....

It varies a bit each year, but I usually count on reliable 70's by mid May (I've seen a couple reports of 70 already). If you're going to hold out for mid-70's check the buoys at RCOOS I notice that it's 72 on the surface at FP tower today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom