Diving in Miami and Ft Lauderdale- Which company to use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clarydavis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone, I am new here and wanted to know which shop/company would be good to dive with in the Miami / Ft. Lauderdale Area, we will be there all next week on vacation.

thanks for the feedback ...

Hello everyone, I am new here and wanted to know which shop/company would be good to dive with in the Miami / Ft. Lauderdale Area, we will be there all next week on vacation.

thanks for the feedback ...

Hi,

Really... To better answer your question - you should be more specific as to what kind of diving you like?

Hi,

Really... To better answer your question - you should be more specific as to what kind of diving you like?

Yeah, what he said...and where will you be staying?
Rental car, Drove yer' own truck, Mo-Ped?

Info needed......
We want to help.
We need your tourista munny!

Chug

If i may add to this question, i will be in FT lauderdale in November, I just want a taste of FLA a little of everything wrecks reefs sea life etc... not sure what to expect because i have never been before. i dont think I will have a car but will be staying in my parents condo. whats the best way to get around? is there a shuttle system around town similar to like San Diego for example. any of the listed shops pick up diver? etc.... do any of you have fav. Wrecks or sites that you would call dont miss spots for somebody just gonna spend 2-3 days gettin a taste of what Fla has to offer? any info would be great, i would just like feed back from ppl who been there and done that :) Thanks
Clay

Mass transit in S. Florida sucks. There is a little metromover/train route in Miami, but that's downtown and not near the beach. The main way to get around is by car. Rental cars generally are cheaper than taking the taxis unless you are staying on the beachfront. There are some shuttles along the beachfront that do little loops, but again, you need to be staying there. A lot of people's condos are pretty far away from the beach. And everything is spread out, so between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami is about 30 miles. There's a lot of reefs and wrecks all up and down the coast. But if you go out on a dive boat, they tend to go to a few specific spots, so even if you were to ask here and get some recommendations, they may not want to take you there.

Most of the bigger wrecks are AOW, because they try to keep the shallowest portion deeper than about 60 ft.

If you're coming this time of year, do the morning dives. Afternoons tend to be rougher with more chance of rain/storms. And watch the weather, there's a lot of stuff going on at this time of year that makes the seas rough.

We will be staying in Pompano beach Wyndham Palm aire, about 30 mins out of Miami. reef and wrecks above 80 feet...my dive buddy is not nitrox certified and does not like to dive deep.
We were told to use grovescuba.com anyone know much about them?
We have all of our own gear, just need tanks and a maybe a guide...

If you are staying in Pompano you are WAY further than 30 minutes out of Miami. And if you don't have a car, you are royally screwed. Just sayin'.

thanks to all, we dove with Pompano Dive Center today and they were great... Paula and Chris were professional and gave us great dive advice... pompanodivecenter.com

there are two posters on this and we have a car... its been great so far, we saw a hammerhead, manta and a large green moray swimming... it was awesome...

We are diving with them again tomorrow...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom