Diving in Manado/Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m pufferfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hi to all!

Just came back from a dive-trip to Manadoa and Lembeh Strait. It was fantastic. The walls are great and the fish life is abundant. But the best is the macro-life. I was never too interested in critters but for th first time I took a camera with me. Seeing through the lens made a lot of difference. I am hooked.

It was actually my second time in Manado. Like the first time I dived with Eco-Divers. I can highly recommend the place. Jim and Yanny Carry made you feel more than welcome. Their diveguides are first class and always helpful in trying to find the stuff you would like to see. Just make sure to remind them that you still should have some film left when the mantis shrimp comes along (I speak from experience).

So, if you love diving and look for something new; head for Manado.

Cheers
Michael

Totally agree with u Michael....I've been to Manado twice & I just love it there, esp Lembeh! The dive guides from Eco are fantastic as well!!!

Am diving with Eco this Sept, do you know how far Lembeh is from Tasik Ria? I hear it's quite a ways.

Think it's abt a 2hr land transfer...but it's worth the journey! Unless u choose to stay at the resorts at Lembeh....

m pufferfish:
Hi to all!

Just came back from a dive-trip to Manado and Lembeh Strait ... the best is the macro-life.

If you are passing thru' Bali on your way in / out you might want to try diving there too. 'Secret Bay', Tulamben, Seraya and PJ are all top-rate macro sites.

Michael

Jazz:
Am diving with Eco this Sept, do you know how far Lembeh is from Tasik Ria? I hear it's quite a ways.

Depending on the traffic it takes 2-3 hours by minibus.

Have fun in Sept.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom