Diving in Malindi - Mombasa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contact my friend Joe at joesamaki@hotmail.com and tell him that I sent you.

He has lived there for many years & knows the area well, and probably will go out with you if invited.

Do have fun.

DocVikingo

Hi there :

I feel fairly qualified to awnser this, as i come from Kenya, and have lived there much of my life, and have been diving there for approx 17 years.

There is one good operator on the north coast (Monbasa,) called Bucaneer Diving run by a local called Bruce Phillips, you can email him at scuba@swiftmombasa.com , he has a website www.buccaneerdiving.com He runs a very slick operation, great boats and guides, good rental gear, and about a year ago he sunk a massive cargo ship outside the reef, which has now become an artificial reef and is supposed to be a great dive. Get in touch with him and let him know i put you in touch with him, he should be able to sort something out for you. Best time to go is Dec/Jan/Feb for clearest visibility, you will get away with a shorty wetsuit all year around.

He has bases in Voyager hotel (Nyali Beach,) Whitesands (Kenya beach,) and Reef Hotel (Nyali Beach.)

Hope this helps,

Bob Soper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom