Diving in Late March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kalekainxx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering where I can find the best diving in late March, or if there is any specific things to see in late march like Whale sharks.

Which part of Thailand to stay. I have 9 days, and would like to mix it up with some diving and some land activities. Maybe spend time in 2 different locations.

Thanks.

That is the best time of the year for Manta Rays and whalesharks. best places to see these: Hin Daeng and Koh Bon and Richelieu Rock. Best way to go there: by liveaboard, which will offer the best diving you can get in Thailand.

How are the liveaboards? Are they crowded or limit to a certain amount of divers. Are there any land based operations offering trips to RR?

You can do a daytrip to Richelieu Rock from Khao Lak, not from Phuket.

From Phuket though you can do daytrips to Similans, Koh Bon and Hin Daeng and Hin Muang (besides of course the normal destinations like Racha islands, Shark Point, Phi Phi etc.).

I will be going to Thailand from March 5th - 19th, and diving out on Koh Bon and Richelieu Rock from the 13 - 16th with Pawara Liveaboard. MV Pawara, Similan, Surin, Hin Muang Hin Deang, Phuket, Thailand ScubaDiving and cruising in style of Living Thai . Live Aboard

I will be shooting a promo/commercial for them for our upcoming Dive Zero TV. Feel free to check out www.divezero.com, www.divezero.tv and The Dive Village for more info.

Some pics and short video of the trip will be posted shortly after I get back. But I suggest diving with Pawara if you want to do some of the best diving in Thailand.

I'm going to South Andaman March 26-31 on MV Venus Marina, www.venusmarina , Dive sites are red rock and purple rock among other dives (Thai names are Hin Muang and Hin Daeng) Total price is 18,900 Thai baht. 15 dives four days of diving and five nights onboard. I've never been on this boat but it looks nice and it has a good rep with divers here in Bangkok. There are a max of 22 divers. If anyone is interested please IM me and I will give you the contact info of the dive shop peeps that put this trip together. They are Thai but speak very good English.

Jon

That must be one of the worst websites I have ever seen. No information at all about any of the trips, only pop up windows, half of which are not working (at least in Firefox).

Last year there were lots of whale shark sightings on Koh Tao, this is where I saw mine for the first time. My friend saw one too, somewhere in March on Chumpon. I saw a whale shark on Southwest Pinnacle the 1st day of summer and the visibility that day was about 30 meters. Almost everyone I knew on Koh Tao that year saw a whale shark once.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom