Diving in La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbrewste

Reaction score
I am vacationing in La Paz, Baja Sur in late March 08 and want to know what the dive conditions are like at this time and if anyone can recommend a good dive operator. I have 25 dives and would also like recommendations for some good dive sites.

I am vacationing in La Paz, Baja Sur in late March 08 and want to know what the dive conditions are like at this time and if anyone can recommend a good dive operator. I have 25 dives and would also like recommendations for some good dive sites.

The water temperature will be cold. Club Cantamar's website has some info about dive sites.

Club Cantamar, Scuba Diving in Baja

Ocean temperatures along the Sea of Cortez run the extremes, from the high 50's in the dead of winter to the high 80's by mid to late summer. The waters tend to be a bit warmer at the south end, near Los Cabos, and some years the ocean temperature even gets into the low 90's at Cabo San Lucas.

What temperatures should I expect in Baja and the Sea of Cortez?
Typical average monthly temperatures in the Sea of Cortez, in Fahrenheit, in the best travel months are:

February: water, 60; air, 65-85

March: water, 65; air, 70-85

April: water, 68; air, 75-90

October: water, 78; air, 80-95

November: water, 73; air, 70-85

Club Cantamar's website has some info about dive sites.

Club Cantamar, Scuba Diving in Baja

If you use the Scubaboard search function and input terms like Cantamar, Cortez, Baja and the like you will find earlier threads on this same subject with a lot of good information.

Rickg

How was your trip? i'm planning on going in a few weeks. Any info would be great! THANKS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom