Diving in Kona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BFM

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just returned from Kona this morning and wanted to post about the great experience I had. I dove with Wanna Dive(http://www.wanna-dive-kona.com/).
While i only did four dives, they were great dives. Steve and Bob were great hosts. They were knowledgable about the local fish population. We began our dives with a briefing of conditions and what to expect to see. We had sandwiches and water or gatorade on our surface intervals. When we hit the water, Bob was good at finding the small life in the coral and pointing out the fish and then writing on his slate what it was. Some of the things i saw were turtles, octupuss, whitemouth moray, a yellowmargin moray, flame angelfish, trumpet fish, shrimp, and mantas. The manta dive was an awesome dive. We only had four come in but they were great, I had two pass right over my head within inches. this is not a complete list but the highlights for me.
My dives were from 56 min. to 72 min.. There was no hurry in and hurry out. The boat is small and they take 6 divers max. The best thing I can say is that I felt like a friend and not a client. If you go to Kona to dive I give them a high recommendation.

Back
Top Bottom