Diving in Ko Lanta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TigerShark

Reaction score
Hi folks,

anybody has any experience diving from Ko Lanta area in Thailand?

Thought of checking it out and wonder is the sites nearby worth checking out......

I've read abt Hin Daeng and Hin Muang being real good dive sites......do you guys know how long is the journey from Ko Lanta?

I just cannot get enough of Thailand....... :thumb:

Hin Daeng and Hin Muang are said to be very good sites but I thought Ko Lanta was on the other side of the Krabi peninsula so it would not be a good place to start from.

Well,i thought of checking out Ko lanta and at the same time do a couple of dives too.....

i guess if Ko Lanta is not a good place to go to Hin Muang and Hin Daeng,then i might need to know from where would be better.......

Trang?

Would appreciate any comments and advice.

Thanks!

:wink:

TigerShark

I got it wrong. Koh Lanta would be a very good point from which to get to Hin Daeng/Hin Muang.

Check out: www.sawadee.com

and get the Krabi home page off the main menu. Koh Lanta is due South of Krabi and so are Hin Daeng/Hin Muang.

Sorry for my mistake - I was confusing it with Ko tao which is in the Gulf of Thailand

Regards

Hin Daeng and Hin Muang are great dive sites. The dive shops on Koh Lanta will help you out. I had a day at these sites when I saw whale sharks on 3 consecutive dives. Have a good trip!

Whilst you're there try to dive the caverns at Koh Ha.

Hey Sunrise,

how ya doing?

Tks for your help regarding Krabi the other time and i had a great dive there.

Vis,weather is great!!

Next on my mind is Ko Lanta......hmm hmm......

Back
Top Bottom