Diving in Japan in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sleepyhead

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I just went Tokyo for a visit, i love the city. The gear there was cheaper than places i saw in Canada.
Anyone has ideas on where to dive in Japan in December and how cold would the water be in December? I would like to go Japan and dive.

Thanks guys. I saw Nagoya and Osaka having lots of dive shops. So which one is better?

we got our own section of the forum now - head over this way.

Water temps near Tokyo probaby around 16 degrees that time of year, I would have to check my log book!! So still nice and balmy. Actually I think the best time of year to dive in Japan (well mainland at any rate) no crowds and good vis.

Let us know when you are heading over and I am sure something can be arranged - who knows I may even be back in the water by then (shh don't tell the wife!)

Jonathan

Well Not sure if you mean mainland Japan or Japan in general.

I was recently on Ishigaki-jima, and the diving and snorkling is brilliant.

It is an island in the Okinawa group, very close to Taiwan.

If you have never seen Manta Rays this is the place to go.

While diving we saw 2-3 at a time, and while snorkling 5-6. In fall there will be many more.

Cheers

Okinawa water temps still in the 20's in Dec and lots of coral and stuff to see and no tourist divers. A great time to come down and very inexpensive gear in Okinawa.

Back
Top Bottom