Diving in January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HAv e you Considered Old Providence or San Andres mostly overlooked by most but a greeat diving destination. Old Providence is off the beaten path and San Andres has more of the resort and nightlife.
Ciao
tad

So, is the overall consensus that I should go to Roatan? Anthony's Key or Coco View? What does each have as far as topside activities to keep her happy when I cant get her in the water? I read that Anthony's has better food??

...AKR IMO, but remember, I'm (very) biased to the north side....:)or somewhere on West End....also remember this about Roatan, the airport can close down @ that time for several days due to cold fronts coming thru ie they are on VFR @ the airport(one MLK weekend, our Saturaday flight did not leave out till Monday & we came 20 minutes from not leaving till Tueday...2 cold fronts blew thru the Wednesday & Friday before we were supposed to leave)..but that's Roatan, sit back & enjoy.....

HAv e you Considered Old Providence or San Andres mostly overlooked by most but a greeat diving destination.

Also well out of the tropical rain storm path

I have looked at Curacao, Bonaire, Bay Islands and Belize.

ABC's are a good bet. I love Belize dearly, but not during January~March. The same for anything other than the South side of Roatan.

January brings "Northers". These heavy tropical rain storms follow similar paths as did the month's preceding hurricanes.

Attachments

• 2004atl_sm.gif
    2004atl_sm.gif
    153.3 KB · Views: 40
What about Turks and Caicos? How is the diving there in January? Any good resorts? I read you can see whales in January??

Back
Top Bottom