Diving in Jacksonville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive California

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
:06:

Is that even worth it? I'm from California (Duh!) and just found out I'm heading to Jacksonville in mid-March...should I bring my dive gear? Is there diving in and around the area? If there is, should I just rent some gear...is the diving from shore, possible? or is it boat diving? Oh, so many questions...can anybody shed some light? Thanks...

Mid March is very iffy for jax diving. It's a windy month for us so the seas may be high. The water should be into the upper 60's, and expect vis from 20 to 50 feet. Not ideal conditions you could say but the diving is still fantastic. NE FL diving is not even close to SE FL diving. The vis is usually worse as is the temps. But as far as big animals go, NE FL is top notch. Sand Tigers should be in the area still so should the right whales. I've seen dolphins, Manta Rays, 800 lb jewfish, and so on. Definetly give it a try, I have my own boat but Bill is a very good friend of mine and can put you on some good dives, check out his website. www.seabeastoffshore.com
If the seas are too high you can always go to the springs. Theyr'e about an 1 1/2 hours away.

Reel Crazy14:
Mid March is very iffy for jax diving. .

Thanks for the info Reel Crazy14...never know 'til you ask... :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom