Diving in Italy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boa Gialla, I just got my advanced certification in Croatia. I did my beginner diving in Lago Di Garda. I live in Vicenza, do you know and any other dive spots that are within maybe 2 hours of me? I wouldn't mind going back to Garda, but the visibility was so bad, and it was pretty cold!

If the problem is the temp ... forget the lakes: no warm water in lakes (in Italy).

You can easily get to Chioggia in about 1 hour, to dive the "Tegnue" or other wrecks (Evdokia, Quintino Sella, .... ) in the North Adriatic Sea: in this season the water is warm. The visibility can vary a lot: if you're unlucky it can be worse than the lake one.

A.

P.S. Excuse my curiosity: are you italian?

I definitely want to check out those sites, I'll research them. I have a friend that wants to get to 150 dives by Christmas. I'm slowly trying to buy my own dive gear so I don't have to rent everything. I'm not Italian, by the time I leave here maybe I'll be a little bit Italian =)

Not being Italian makes it difficult to find anything on the Italian bulletin boards, the language barrier is tough.

I definitely want to check out those sites, I'll research them. I have a friend that wants to get to 150 dives by Christmas. I'm slowly trying to buy my own dive gear so I don't have to rent everything. I'm not Italian, by the time I leave here maybe I'll be a little bit Italian =)

Not being Italian makes it difficult to find anything on the Italian bulletin boards, the language barrier is tough.

Tegnue di Chioggia - onlus
Guide to the Tegnue di Chioggia
Wrecks (this page is in italian, about the wrecks: videos and images are interesting, independently from the language)

I've diver friends in Vicenza: should you want to join us for a dive, in Garda Lake too :wink:, it's not so difficult to arrange it.

Ciao.
A.

I was impressed when I did my OW last week in Livorno (Tuscany) good visibility and about 18° water temp... I thought it would have been colder then it was in the end of november...

Me and my girlfriend are now planning a week diving in Elba comming summer!

Anyone have experience there to share?

I was impressed when I did my OW last week in Livorno (Tuscany) good visibility and about 18° water temp... I thought it would have been colder then it was in the end of november...

Me and my girlfriend are now planning a week diving in Elba comming summer!

Anyone have experience there to share?

Elba is a very good place for diving, and I know it well, as we go there every year, at the end of the courses.

You can find good diving center everywhere, in the island. So probably it's better to choose the location and then to find a DC close to your hotel or whatever.

As a first suggestion, we stay always at the hotel Stella Maris, using the Corsaro diving center.

Very good diving spots in that area are "Secca di Fonza", "Capo Stella", "Scoglio Remaiolo", "Corbelli" .... but there really a lot.

Ciao.
A.

Boa, sorry I hadn't gotten back to you sooner. Work has been busy I was in Germany for 3 months. I was able to squeeze in my advanced certification and trying to get an EADs and dry suit certificate in the next couple of weeks if I can convince the instructor to put it on before he moves.

I was able to go out to Croatia for a weekend dive, it was pretty amazing out there. I have got to check out the west coast of Italy I've only been snorkeling there so far. Elba is very nice, hard to get around to the different places on the island without a car. Its also hard to drive on those cliff roads along the water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom