Diving in Ilha Grande, Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beej1123

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

If anyone out there has ever been to and dove in Ilha Grande please let me know. Would like to find out more information.

Thank you

hello Bee,
I am from Brazil, and have dove several times in Ilha Grande Bay...I used to say that i will move there when i retire...
it´s a Very very beautiful place above, and underwater..
The water temperature varies from 20°C to 25°C, and visibility ranges from 6 to 20 meters (20 to 66 feet).
There are good sites, but, i recommend the Pinguino shipwreck - A 70 meters cargo ship, lied on it´s Starboard...it´s very nice, but be careful if you attempt to penetrate..there are collpsing structures inside it.
The helicopter wreck its also another fine spot, with intense marine life
The acaiá cave is also very famous and beautifull
Jorge Grego Island its also a very nice spot where you can see pelagic species on its "outside"
there are 365 islands on this Bay, so there´s an island for each day of the year...What means plenty of places for diving...there's no day lost!!
But, also enjoy the trekking options, cascades, and beautyful beaches...forget Brazilian big cityes way of life and enjoy true nature!!!
If you need any more information, you may contact-me - I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!
See - www.ilhagrande.com.br
See - www.ocean.com.br (PADI dive center)
Enjoy your trip!

Evandro

Hi Evandro

I will be in Brazil Decmeber 5, 2010 and hope to dive Ilha Grande. Am looking for a PADI instructor to certify my girlfriend. Unfortunately the PADI dive center link did not work.

Are you still an instructor in Brazil?

Hello Foreman,

Ocean dive center is no longer at the island, they moved to the continent (In Angra), after an incident that ruined their previous base two years ago, but i'va just tryed their website, and it worked.
I don't live near Ilha Grande or Angra, so i will not be able to help directly on the courses, but,i you can look for elite dive center, in Ilha Grande, it's a family run company, and they offer real good services, english spoken, with a nice boat. I really recomene it!!
I am missing going to Ilha Grande....it's a real special place...:wink:
Regards

Thanks for posting this information about diving Brazil. It is on my "bucket list" to dive in that country!

Dr Bill!

This is Chad Foreman. I met you last year on Catalina Island through Scuba Luv. You might remember that we have a mutual friend, Colleen Laffey from West Virginia.

Small world!

Good to see you hear, buddy.

-Chad

Obrigado Evandro.

I've been trying to call Elite Dive Center but no luck. We are hoping that my girlfriend can do her book work online before we get there so that she only has to do her pool and open water dives.

Will try Ocean, but Elite looks much nicer because of your recommendation.

Tchao!

I am going to Ilha Grande in early December and would like to get some dive scheduled. I saw the recommendation for Elite Dive Center and visited their web site. Unfortunately, I do not speak Portuguese so I cant tell what's what. Has anyone used them or could recommend any other English speaking dive shop? I am really looking forward to this trip and dont want to leave anything to chance. Thanks for your help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom