Diving in Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KROBI

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planing a trip to Ft lauderdale or West Palm in late August or early Sept. Would like some info on diving there,shore diving and boat diving. Ive heard it is better diving than in the Keys? Any info would be great.

Wow, who said it was better than the Keys up here? And exactly WHERE might that be lol?

No, we all pretty much agree that the only thing better here is the proximity but we all still dive it pretty much so it's not bad.

Aug/Sept are warm - we don't wear wetsuits (skins or just skin). All the boats up here are great and you can dive any of them without worrying about THEM. I like South Florida Divers (Aquaview) but I book them through Lighthouse Dive Center (cheaper). Everybody has their favorites, however, and they're all good.

Shore diving is good but hit & miss - we've had a rough three months with only a few days of calm and clear water.

You can pretty much book a boat trip a couple of days in advance, so I'd do that and then arrive to see the beach conditions. If the beach conditions are good, move the boat to later and shore dive while you can.

If you haven't done the Keys, Key Largo is worth a trip. Again, all the boat operations are good. There is no shore diving. Be specific about what you would look for - wrecks, photography, hunting, etc. - and we can give you more advice.

Final word: look at how we advertise private trips/dives here and follow our lead to get a shore dive together while you're here (or ask one of us). We have a great group of divers, and with the lack of diving this Spring we're all ready to JUMP.
KROBI:
We are planing a trip to Ft lauderdale or West Palm in late August or early Sept. Would like some info on diving there,shore diving and boat diving. Ive heard it is better diving than in the Keys? Any info would be great.

Thanks for the info, also can anyone recomend a motel that is on the beach, my wife dosent dive.

KROBI:
Thanks for the info, also can anyone recomend a motel that is on the beach, my wife dosent dive.

I liked www.pier-pointe.com when I stayed there a couple of times. Walking distance to food and you can shore dive right out front of the hotel. Its located in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. rates are cheaper if you book on line, if you call the rates will be different than on the website.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom