Diving in Fort Lauderdale, FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I am sorry that those people drown especially in Lauderdale by the Sea. Everytime I have been there the water was fairly calm. What's up with the weather?

ams511:
Oh, I am sorry that those people drown especially in Lauderdale by the Sea. Everytime I have been there the water was fairly calm. What's up with the weather?

The wind does not seem to let up. It's been like this for quite awhile. People don't heed warnings and are out of shape to venture into surf like this. Just an opinion.

Let's hope the weather let's up and everyone learns the lesson.

Say a prayer and hope for the best.

Joe

FLL Diver:
How come? What happened?

Marc

Someone I know had to take a trip to the chamber after diving with them, and some how her gear sprawded legs and unexplainably walked away . Besides, their boat is always extremely crowded

Winton:
Yes, I suppose I do, I reckon I will be with my wife, hear nor there, but, decent drift dives, wercks, swim throughs?

The best wrecks (60-125ft) are closest to the Hillsboro Inlet and Safari Diver of South Florida or Fathoms-o-fun are good for that. There are also good reefs outside there (60ft) however some are not so good and the consistency of the reefs (60ft) are better north in which case you can use The Diversity which is the only boat that regulary go out of the Boca Raton Inlet, Lady Go does too but not always.

Lady Go used to be good but has had crew problems I think and seem to be more tied to the Dixie Diver store nowdays which turn some people off.

Safari Diver is smaller than the 35 diver Aqua View and Coral Princess, when full they makes it crowded at a wreck, otherwise they are ok too. Fathoms-o-fun is irregular, most of the time they are ok but sometimes they do combination trips with divers and snorkelrs and using multi drop sites that causes surface delays which drives me crazy. Fish Food (same owner) rarely goes but in rough wheather she is really rocking due to her overstructure.

No swim through as far as I know right outside here. But all reef dives are drift dives. Best drift are in West Palm though since the current is usually stronger there, if by good drifts you mean a good fly-by of the reef.

Hope this helps.
--A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom