Diving in Florida Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidPT40

Contributor
Reaction score
My divebuddy and I are thinking about going to the Florida Keys to dive sometime in September or October. Are there any reasonably priced motels/hotels that have shore diving?

This will be our first time to the Keys, will probably fly into Fort Lauderdale and rent a car to drive down. Any tips/advice on finding some good diving in the Keys is welcome.

Thanks
David

DavidPT40:
My divebuddy and I are thinking about going to the Florida Keys to dive sometime in September or October. Are there any reasonably priced motels/hotels that have shore diving?

This will be our first time to the Keys, will probably fly into Fort Lauderdale and rent a car to drive down. Any tips/advice on finding some good diving in the Keys is welcome.

Thanks
David

It's not the answer your looking for but do a search. "Keys hotels" should work fine.

The Keys have one end of the spectrum to the to the other. Really nice places like Azul Del Mar in Key Largo (stay there is you have the cash) or dives like the Tropic Vista hotel in Tavernier. Whatever your price range, you'll find something.

I love diving the Keys... going there in October and November... and have already been there in May and July. :D

DavidPT40:

Thanks
David

There is NO good shore diving in the Keys, I guess depending upon what you consider good shore diving. The good Reefs are about 5 miles out.

Brent runs a good diveOp, and he can get you rates at less than $100 a night at the Casa Del Marina. Not sure if those rates are available to anyone. The rooms have a nice sized Frig.. bonus.. keep those beers cold, and good for sandwich meat, and other stuff. The Hotel is nice, and the pool is awesome. I'd definately stay there again.

As for what else is available, Aquanuts is gone, and they are the only other OP I've used.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom