Diving in early March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The federal permit issued for the sinking of the Oriskany requires 230 feet of water. This was told to me from the county engineer for Escambia county. I contacted the Oriskany Museum and got the specs on the ship and based on those measurements, it'll put the flight deck at about 130 feet, which is pretty deep for most of us "normal divers". Now this is without settling in the sand. SO it might be a little deeper later.

The Moulton quarry will be freezing cold in March. I've dove in April before and it was the coldest dive I've ever done. It was in the 30's on the bottom that april. Alabama Bluewater in B'ham is much warmer. You also don't have to worry about them not opening at Blue Water.

Like Tstonediver said, check out TDT Divers. That group is almost exclusivily north Alabama. There are usually a few people on their message board who dive all winter.

Hope that all helps.

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom