Diving in Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wahlaoeh:
Mike, Jen: Thanks so much for your suggestion.

Mike V: :no I'm already been hooked so...anyway, I've suggested to Mike to go to Maldives for his May/June trip to get hooked :eyebrow:

I've done some research and narrow down my choices to Alantis and El Dorado. The latter is offering me a better deal including a sea view room that looks really comfortable and cosy, halfboard, unlimited boat dives and transfers for almost the same price as Alantis.

So, for those that have been to both. Which will be your choice?

Thanks.

Jovin-
can you post specifics of the deal at El dorado, Jovin?

wahlaoeh:
Just PM you.

Jovin-

hi Jovin, please PM me the deal you got from el dorado also. i plan to go there in june. thanks!

It looks like I’m going to be there in early June to do my Nitrox and Rescue diver. Then I think I’ll bring my sis back out there in early July. My only concern is that the wet season is going to be here by both those dates. How bad are the weather horror stories in the last few years for those times?

P

Dadvocate,

I was out in Dumaguete (Dauin and Apo Island) in late August. It's really hit or miss. I got lucky for most of my stay although we did get hit with a heavy downpour when I went over to Apo Island for a day trip. I think you would be safe in early July but you can never tell nowadays with the strange weather we've been getting around the world.

Here's a timeline of typhoons that hit the pacific for 2006 (note not all of them hit the Philippines).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_2006_Pacific_typhoon_season
5a3cec3e9b607ef6c65378c816219e5c.png

edit: maybe the locals can confirm this but I think the big ones that hit the Philippines were mainly in Sept-Nov.

HI,
I might be there this April 21-25. with my family for 10 dives. I'm booking with Pauls diving in Apo island.

I have been to Eldorado, not Atlantis. Was great, clean, comfortable, good guides, good food. It was perfect. The house reef is full of amazing critters.

Thanks for that, Pakman!

I’m really keen on checking out El Dorado before I go with them for my Rescue Diver classes etc. The problem is getting away for a long weekend before summer starts. I’d hate to fork over 8,000P for a flight for what would amount to one day’s worth of diving.

What are the odds GMA is going to call a holiday on May 14th?

I’ll have all the time in the world in June, which I think is off season. I wonder if I could get a deal on a good room near the beach? Do they haggle at all on room rates at ED?

Cheers!

Never been to Atlantis.
El Dorado TWICE.
Best bang for the buck/peso - also closer to APO -
Be sure to dive Coconut
They also give you a discount on future dives should you choose to return.
I had a GREAT TIME

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom