Diving in Dominica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you!

Canon G9 with Ikelite housing and single Ikelite DS-125 strobe.

I just finished a photo gallery of May 2nd -9th Dominica trip. So far it is underwater photo's only.

Kneptune's photos

Dominica 2009

Nice photos. I hope to do as well and see as much as you did when I'm there starting June 5. I'm diving 2-3 days with Cabrits and 5-6 days with NID. I'll also be using a G9. Did you use any wet lens for any of those shots or are they all the native camera lens?

Thanks, no wet lenses. I would love to try them though. You'll love Helen and the rest of the staff at Cabrits though they limit bottom times and the diving is no where near as good as Scotts Head. Nature Island Dive is terrific and the diving in the south is world class. Have a great trip.

Ever heard of "Solomon Reef"?? Ask for it by name.....ALDive is the only one operator that does it..

Second on the Nitrox question. It appears that a number of the dive operators at a majority of the various cruise port destinations don't offer Nitrox. Is this really the case or am I missing something here?

I believe Nature Island told me that they can get nitrox from Cabrits up north. It's quite a haul up there so I would assume it would need advance planning. It might not be cost effective.

Hi,
I'm headed to Dominica next week and was curious if anyone had any reccomended dive sites I should check out. Also, has anyone been diving from shore in the area around Castle Comfort Lodge? I'm an avid photographer and I love the chance to get away from overs and just look for tiny critters. Just curious what the diving might be like from shore.

thanks!
Hello jlevenson, I have dove in the Castle Comfort Lodge area both day and night. It's a very interesting area to dive especially at nights. For certain you can do shore dives there. when you get to Dominica, give me a call or you can call before you come at 1 767 245 2242. I have been certified for 15 years but only as an open water PADI diver, and I live here on the island.

Hello jlevenson, I have dove in the Castle Comfort Lodge area both day and night. It's a very interesting area to dive especially at nights. For certain you can do shore dives there. when you get to Dominica, give me a call or you can call before you come at 1 767 245 2242. I have been certified for 15 years but only as an open water PADI diver, and I live here on the island.

Eddie, we're heading to Dominica in a couple weeks--.....Would like your opinion of places to eat & have-to-places to see in the afternoon after diving.......tia.....

Hi,
I'm headed to Dominica next week and was curious if anyone had any reccomended dive sites I should check out. Also, has anyone been diving from shore in the area around Castle Comfort Lodge? I'm an avid photographer and I love the chance to get away from overs and just look for tiny critters. Just curious what the diving might be like from shore.

thanks!

the castle comfort shore dive is great for macro.
frogfish, batfish, snake eels, flying gurnards, filefish, viper morays
electric rays, nudis etc. night dive there is great also:D

matt

Can't get in the water with the wild dolphins and the shore diving is fantastic. Billy at ALDive is the best.......

Back
Top Bottom