Diving in Contradora

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikefolger

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the group. Spent all of the last 5 years diving in the Asia/Pacific. I am planning on going to Contradora (Panama) over Thanksgiving. Does anyone know how to get in touch w/ dives shops, either email or web page. I have searched, and the only thing that comes up is Captain Morgan's Dive center, but only a phone number. I would appreciate any input.

Mike

Welcome to the board!
No.....not a clue.

Joe

Welcome to Scubaboard.

I was raised in Panama, and got certified there in 1987 but after doing my o/w dives I moved to the carib. I don't have experience diving Contadora (you might have not found much because of spelling it CONTRA) But perhaps this google search helps. http://tinyurl.com/dsa86

Hey Mike, welcome to SB! Keep us posted on your exotic dive adventures will you?

wetrat

Hi Mike, welcome to SB! Sorry I can't help you with your search. You got a couple of pointers, maybe there's enough time before your trip to get the info you're looking for. Good luck, dive safe, see you on the board!

You are welcome to complete your Profile with location, which will help.

Good luck on your Search. You'll have better luck in that forum, of course.

:biggrinba don

And don't be shy about posting. Click Forums above, tour the long list of choices, and jump in anywhere you're qualified. PM me with any questions, and I'll try to find a pretty good answer.

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

I was there about approx 4 years ago. Captain Morgans was out of buisness back then. They were the only dive shop on the Island at the time. We ended up diving with the dive operation run by the all inclusive resort. I was greatly dissapointed in them. They were expensive. Since there is a huge tide, approx 19 ft. the diving should only be done at slack tide becasue of ther severe currants. They,of course ,did not do this. It was back and forth along some rocks into and with the current. They wanted everyone out of the water with 1000psi. They had hired a local boat that acted as a dive boat,sightseeing boat,fishing boat etc. The boat captain got extremely annoyed because he felt divers were down too long. He moved directly over the bubbles and revered his engines in order to get them to surface. This was done with less than 1/2 hour of bottom time. I quit diving after the first day,but was told by other divers that they canceled their remaining dives in order to accomidate a couple of tours which apperantly was more profitable. Perhaps I was just unlucky,but I would solicate other opinions before I dove with these people again. There may be other dive ops that have sprung up since then,but i really cant comment on that. Send me a private message if you would care for me to elaborate further.

Back
Top Bottom