Diving in Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhogan4342

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be testing some new equipment on Monday at King Fisher Pond by Chatfield Reservior.

Tell me what the conditions are like -- I was by there about a month ago and the water looked pretty clear from the surface (I think it was King Fisher -- the pond on the West side of the road at the West end of the lake).

I dove there about five years ago, and was like chocolate milk.

Roak

roakey:
Tell me what the conditions are like -- I was by there about a month ago and the water looked pretty clear from the surface (I think it was King Fisher -- the pond on the West side of the road at the West end of the lake).

Depends on when you go, the weekdays are best, very few if any divers. Vis can can be 10 to 20 feet if you get there first. Doesn't take long to cloud up even if you are the only one because the mud lifts very easy. Go easy and look close for lost treasures.

roakey:

Roak

Just got back from King Fisher, Don't Go. It really isn't worth it. It is chocolate milk even without other divers. There was rain the night before but Aurora Res. would be much better and you can dive around an old twin engine cessna, max depth @ 50'. Don't forget the altitude table.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom