Diving in Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac:
For one thing I hope you realize that the "Brac" is not Grand Cayman. It is very quiet on the Brac. Your choices of dive ops are really just one "reef divers" out of the "Brac Reef" resort, to dive with "Divi Tiara" you would have to be a guest.
Renting a home on the Brac. If you plan on diving, then get as far west as possible and if you can rent on the south west side you'll be close to the dive ops. If you don't stay in the extreme south west corner of the Brac, you will have to rent a car to get to dive ops. There are more homes on the north west side to rent and this is probably where you end up renting.
There really isn't much of a town, there's tiny museum but it's questionable. There are maybe ahalf dozen places to eat and they are all far from eachother, you'd need a car.
The top of the bluff has quite a view.
There are caves, such as 'Rebeccas cave', 'bat cave', and a couple of others.
The road on the southwest side ends at the ocean where you can watch the sun go down over Little Cayman.
The public beach is very small, anytime you go there you'll most likely be the only on the beach.
The Brac has some really great dives and quiet, it makes Grand Cayman look like Vegas (even though there's no gambling), that is about it. Of course I like that, but not everyone does.

Hope this helps.

thanks.
The reason I have choosen Brac is for the quiet. Our idea of nice day is to wake up to the sound of waves and then spend the day on the beach out the front door. I would like to dive more but my wife doesn't and our baby is only 2 weeks so she doesn't yet.
Anyone elses observations / adive would be appriciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom