Diving in Cannes or Sicily?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Web Monkey

Omniheurist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My wife and I are going on a cruise this October, and it's killing me that we'll be in the Mediterranean, and I'm not going to get to go diving at all. :D

Generally I can charter a boat or grab an excursion of the ship to sharpen my rescue skills:D, but for some bizarre reason, Carnival has no diving opportunities, and very little snorkeling in the Mediterranean.

If I were able to arrange some time, is there any diving near Cannes or maybe Sicily, that I could manage to do in a day (9am-5pm)?

Thanks!

Terry

Has anybody used Oloturia Sub in Messina?

The ship docks there, which would make it much easier to get to.

The SSI website says they have a house reef, which would be great, since I'm really looking for a few nice, easy, relaxing dives.

Thanks!

Terry

Terry, skip Cannes and go a few km east to Juan Les Pins (Antibes). There is a great little dive club there. I dove with then while I lived in Antibes, I think they are now know as Easy Dive. EASY DIVE - centre et magasin de plongée sous marine à Antibes Juan les Pins

I have no idea of their schedule anymore as was 10 years since I lived there.

BTW if the diving is a bust skip Cannes and see Vieil Antibes (Old Antibes), there are some great museums including the Picasso which should be reopening. The old city is a Rue Petiton all narrow streets that are full of homes and shops, which is where I lived.

Terry, skip Cannes and go a few km east to Juan Les Pins (Antibes). There is a great little dive club there. I dove with then while I lived in Antibes, I think they are now know as Easy Dive. EASY DIVE - centre et magasin de plongée sous marine à Antibes Juan les Pins

I have no idea of their schedule anymore as was 10 years since I lived there.

BTW if the diving is a bust skip Cannes and see Vieil Antibes (Old Antibes), there are some great museums including the Picasso which should be reopening. The old city is a Rue Petiton all narrow streets that are full of homes and shops, which is where I lived.

Thanks! i'll take a look!

Terry

Has anybody used Oloturia Sub in Messina?

The ship docks there, which would make it much easier to get to.

The SSI website says they have a house reef, which would be great, since I'm really looking for a few nice, easy, relaxing dives.

Thanks!

Terry

Hi. I don't know the Oloturia Sub in Messina, but I strongly reccomend you to dive in that area: you can find very exciting dives, with incredible Paramuricea Clavata, red and yellow. I love the dives in that area.

Ciao,
A.

Hi. I don't know the Oloturia Sub in Messina, but I strongly reccomend you to dive in that area: you can find very exciting dives, with incredible Paramuricea Clavata, red and yellow. I love the dives in that area.

Ciao,
A.

That sounds great!

Should I sign up for boat dives, or are the shore dives good also?

Terry

That sounds great!

Should I sign up for boat dives, or are the shore dives good also?

Terry

Just matter of accessibility.

The dive sites are usually very close to the shore, so it's not so different. Take into account that the shore go very deep, so that you can find great depths at few meters off the shore.

A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom