Diving in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zero333

Registered
Reaction score
HEy everyone, I am finally going on my first dive trip (yey). So I am going down to cancun and plan on doing a Cancun dive on friday 25th (with a bunch of motion sickness pills) and then monday the 28th in cozumel.
I plan as of now to use Scuba Cancun, what i wanted to know is what you guys recomend. Also do i need any special info, or will just my scuba ID and my Dive book be good enough info for them to let me go diving. What can i say as of now the only thing i can tell you about diving is that Dutch Springs (PA) is damn cold and that i am looking forward to warm water.
Also while i am posting, if anyone is going to be down in Cancun and wants to dive these dates, let me know, so far i am flying solo here so any buddies are more then welcome.

Thanks
Pete

Hey Pete,
Where in Jersey are you from? We head to Cancun 2-3 times every year and I can give you a bunch of info. Drop me a PM and we can talk some more.

zero333:
HEy everyone, I am finally going on my first dive trip (yey). So I am going down to cancun and plan on doing a Cancun dive on friday 25th (with a bunch of motion sickness pills) and then monday the 28th in cozumel.
I plan as of now to use Scuba Cancun, what i wanted to know is what you guys recomend. Also do i need any special info, or will just my scuba ID and my Dive book be good enough info for them to let me go diving. What can i say as of now the only thing i can tell you about diving is that Dutch Springs (PA) is damn cold and that i am looking forward to warm water.
Also while i am posting, if anyone is going to be down in Cancun and wants to dive these dates, let me know, so far i am flying solo here so any buddies are more then welcome.

Thanks
Pete

Hi Pete,

Use Nautilus Dive and Training- they are the best. Call Gonneke at (from the US) 011 52 998 892 1148. They are located at Villas Tacul, Km 6 Hotel Zone. They go out in small groups and give good personal attention. Tell DM Octavio that Jackie sent you!

I am from NJ too- Passaic.

Have fun!

bobthespounge/Jackie,
Does Nautilus run dives to Cozumel.
Also how is thier rental gear, I am going to have to rent a BC, reg, and tank. I would assume the place is strate if you are recomending it but any info is good info.

Thanks for the replys.

Pete

zero333:
bobthespounge/Jackie,
Does Nautilus run dives to Cozumel.
Also how is thier rental gear, I am going to have to rent a BC, reg, and tank. I would assume the place is strate if you are recomending it but any info is good info.

Thanks for the replys.

Pete

Yes,Octavio or Gonneke will arrange your dives in Cozumel. I have found their equipment to be pretty new and have never had any problems with it. They have it all. Also, I think their prices are lower than others. They have been in the business a long time.

Try sending Cancun Mark a PM. He's a pretty straight up guy and I'm sure would treat you right.

Pete---
Where in Jersey are you??? I'm Hunterdon County, and also a Dutch Spring'er
Will be South of Cancun from June 26th-July 5th, but did Coz in April, so will stay on the mainland this trip.
I dove with "Dive with Martin" in Coz, and love his op. I brought a bag of clothes for his children's charity, which was really appreciated..
Have fun in Cancun...maybe I'll see you one of these days at the quarry.
Sandi

Cool people from the East Coast! A Marylander here.
Thanks Pete for starting the thread and everyone else for the 411. I'll be down there June 29 - July 2. Planning on doing a dive in Cancun and one in Coz.

PadiGirl:
Pete---
Where in Jersey are you??? I'm Hunterdon County, and also a Dutch Spring'er
Will be South of Cancun from June 26th-July 5th, but did Coz in April, so will stay on the mainland this trip.
I dove with "Dive with Martin" in Coz, and love his op. I brought a bag of clothes for his children's charity, which was really appreciated..
Have fun in Cancun...maybe I'll see you one of these days at the quarry.
Sandi

PadiGirl, where are you going to be south of Cancun?

My family and I are heading south of Cancun in August. It's a big family trip. I think we're going to Puerto Morelos.

Michael

michaelp68:
PadiGirl, where are you going to be south of Cancun?

My family and I are heading south of Cancun in August. It's a big family trip. I think we're going to Puerto Morelos.

Michael

Michael..

From June 26-July 5th staying at Bahia Principe..
So if anyone is around the Akumel, Tulum Xel-Ha area...give a shout..plan to dive alot, and am alone on the dive thing.
Sandi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom