Diving in Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dwayne, Alan, Alex, and I had a terrific time diving with you folks the last week of November. Great times.

Bill

Hi kbpeterc,

It is great to know you plan to come diving in Cabo and the Sea of Cortez soon.

As you mentioned here in Manta, we are a PADI 5 Star Dive resort. All our dives are guided and in small groups of divers per guide. If you will choose to do your AOW course with us you will also learn a lot while doing your training dives with our PADI professionals.

Here are some articles about diving in Cabo
Scuba Diving | Los Cabos Dive Guide | Mexico | Scuba Diving
Dive Guide to Cabo San Lucas & Cabo Pulmo|Underwater Photography Guide
Scuba Diving | Hurricane News in Cabo | New Dive Sites | Sport Diver

You can also check our Facebook page for updates https://www.facebook.com/MantaScuba

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or you would like to arrange your dive tours and/or AOW course with us.

Best regards from sunny Cabo,
The Manta team
mantascuba@gmail.com

Can you tell me what the dive trips are like in terms of time, scheduling? Are these all, or half day affairs? I'm trying to plan a trip (likkely in August ) with my nondiving wife and looking for a place I can get a dive or two in each day while my wife has a lazy morning or evening, while still having the rest of the day to do stuff together on and off the water. Would Cabo work? Is most of the diving out of La Paz or can I get trips out of San Lucos that would fit?

Cabo would definitely work, lots of dives right in the bay which is only minutes by boat. There are some great dives that are only a half day trip and then some more that are a full day. Very nice restaurants around the water and some nice beach areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the bay diving? Much to see? Any loint in stayong La Paz other than for diving?

I really enjoyed cabo. You can see my profile and see where I've dove. Lots of schooling fish, several shallow 40' sites so really nice long dives. Out towards the point has larger life (occasional hammerheads) and great topography. I quick trip by boat, so easy colourful dives, what could be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planning a trip to Cabo in early May. We only have 3 diving days.
It looks like we will be staying in Los Cabos. Not being familiar with the area, does anyone have any suggestions? Dive sites/ops....

Also, what are the water temps in early May.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

We stayed at the Wyndham and did 6 days of diving with Manta Divers. They were great.

What was the dive schedule like (ie what time did you return from morning dives.?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What was the dive schedule like (ie what time did you return from morning dives.?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the "local dives", the Cabo Reserve, we'd be in the water for the first dive about 8:45 and for the second dive at about 10:45. Back at the dock by shortly after noon. The Cabo Reserve is just outside the mouth of the harbour, 15 minutes on the boat.

For the dives to the Corridor, we'd be in for the first dive about 9:15 and for the second dive about 11:00. It's a long boat ride out. You are not back until well after 1:00 or so.

Gordon Banks is even further out, first dive 9:45. Back late in the afternoon.

We were typically diving just over an hour, with the exception of Gordo Banks where we kept them to about 50 minutes. We were under no "schedule", but we were being reasonable with them, they do have afternoon and early evening dives to deal with.

We only did two a day, always in the morning. Rest of the day by the pool, in the bar, or enjoying terrific food.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom