Diving in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorobon Beach Resort is amazing :) You'll love it if you're ok with "clothing optional" environment :wink:

In addition, our condo is on the 3rd floor and we should be safe from mosquitos on our veranda.

Very astute observation which many folks don't realize. The higher elevation you are, the more of a breeze you receive, the less of a probability that mosquitoes will be an issue. They love water, they love to be to be close to the ground & ESPECIALLY like to congregate underneath tables which are in the vicinity of vegetation.

any recent reviews for divi flamingo?

muzicgirl,

My family and I left Divi just over a week ago. My daughters ranked the vacation at the top of their not insignificant list of cool trips. Divi is a fine location to hang for a week. The dive operation is first class and I thought Calabas reef (Divi's house reef) had a lot of great stuff to check out. Night diving it is a breeze and you will have plenty of company from the tarpon. The Divi dive staff was great and the boat dives we did with them were very memorable. They are set up to make shore diving easy as they have a stash of tanks in the front parking lot that you can grab and go. They don't do the drive through air fill but it is pretty easy any way.

In regards to the hotel itself it is a mixed bag. The timeshare side which is not where we were staying were quite nice. The hotel rooms where we did stay we were ok. Not big nor recently updated but worked. Think budget hotel room in a really great location. They really need fans in them because the AC is hell on the sinuses if you run it all night but it is impossible to sleep well if you don't. The staff service varied from indifferent to great just like everywhere. The food at their restaurants was good but not cheap. Chibi Chibi is a nice place for a dinner once. The breakfast buffet was good but again fairly pricey when paying for finicky teens. The nice part about the location is you are a quick walk to many great eateries on the way to town and in town itself. We often walked downtown for lunch and dinner as we did not have a kitchen. I mentioned in another thread but De Bonairean just down the street is a nice and inexpensive lunch that is helping out the local youth. Lunch only there. Blue Cactus was a good place for dinner.

The grounds are nice though they could use a bit of sprucing up in regards to paint etc. Pools are nice, chaise lounges are hit or miss from a maintenance perspective. Happy hour at the Balashi bar is a popular event. The sunning piers are very nice.

We met lots of really great people at Divi and intend to stay in touch with them.

Only about 16 weeks til we are back on the island and I cannot wait!

I've been 2 times and stayed at buddy and wanna dive hut.

Buddies was nice, you are kind of a number there, on the water, great dive op, resterauants were expensive go to town for lunch/dinner. House reef was really cool night dives where great there.

Wanna Dive hut was like Clean and the staff friendly, They now have (or should have) hot water. Only breakfast and happy hour when we were there. They are very reasonably priced. Not on the water so youhave to drive to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom