Diving in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're welcome. We really aim to serve.

You're welcome. I hope you have a lot of fun in Bonaire.

:wink:

You have been very helpful with the informaion about Bonaire. We probably won't get there until the end of the year. I hope to write here often and find about some local dives that arent to costly. What does "I am a Zena girl mean?" ~*~

As you probably realize now, when you hit "reply" it posts at the bottom of the thread...so you don't really need to reply to everyone separately. :blinking:

To answer your question, my BC is a Zeagle Zena, which I adore, and my board name on another bulletin board is "ZenaGirl", so it references both. :eyebrow:

Ms diver 57,
I could list resorts and private rentals available on Bonaire til you are so confused you would want to kick me, and you would see responses for each one with a thumbs up or a thumbs down. As many opinions as there are people. Bottom line. Decide what you need for lodging, consider what you are willing to spend, select a package you find appealing, and just GO! It's not about "where" you stay as much as it is about "I'm on Bonaire"! Don't make rocket science out of it.:) M2C

Yes, At the end I realized I wasn't posting to each person individually silly me I should have noticed right away.
I am a why and person its part of the fun for me doing research.
I was reading in a dive magizine that Palau was nice has any one gone there? ~*~

I suggest Coral Paradise-
Coral Paradise Bonaire Resort - Top Rated Scuba Diving Resort
Check out the web site.
It sits just off the water, is right next to Capt. Dons, which is who they use for the dive packages.
I can't say enough good things about the owners.
You won't be dissapointed.
We stayed there just over a yer ago and plan to go back this next spring.

I stayed at Buddys a couple of years ago. It was my first dive trip and I only had 25 dives when I got there. The diving was easy at buddys just step off the dock and swim about 20 yards to the reef (still one of the nicest reefs I have dove). We rented a truck from them and the drive thru air station was a breeze. The food was ok and as stated above after about 7 or 8 the place was very quiet. My only complaint would be the rock hard mattress.

Two tips for Bonaire. First mosquito repellent with the strongest amount of deet you can get is a necessity and check out the link below for tons of Bonaire information.
Bonaire Talk - The place to discuss everything and anything about Bonaire!
A link to my pictures of the trip
Bonaire 2006

Bear in mind that the time of year you go will affect the mosquito population, as will be where you stay. We were there last year for the first 2 weeks of July and never even saw a mosquito. We'll be there again this year at the same time, and although I still plan to bring my mosquito repellant, I won't be surprised if we don't use it again.

In addition, our condo is on the 3rd floor and we should be safe from mosquitos on our veranda.

How can mosquitoes bother you while your underwater?

I'm an Explorer Guy! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom