Diving in Bangka island, north Sulawesi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kartaman

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning a trip to Indonesia this summer along with my wife. We have lite diving experience, but we would like to try diving at this island in north Sulawesi, and also in other locations in Indonesia.
I was looking at diving resorts around the Island and was considering the Coral eye for that.
Does anyone has experience with it and specially regarding diving with them?

Thanks.

No experience with Coral Eye but we've stayed at Blue Bay and can thoroughly recommend it.
The beach is lovely and it's in a protected bay, which is good as the wind/waves tend to get up in the afternoon in the summer. They also use the bay for check dives but it's a good little muck site in itself. Good snorkelling in the bay too.
They consider their house reef to be Batu Sahaung which is an awesome dive, one if the best in the area, and it's only 5-10mins boat ride away.
The (local) guides were good, with one guy being particularly good. I can't remember his name of the top of my head but can check my log book if necessary??
There's no running water in the bungalows, just a Mandi, but that wasn't an issue for us, even with two young kids. They provide drinking water and bring you a bucket of hot water to wash with in the afternoon or evening.
Good food and the 'house band' provides entertainment in the evenings during the meal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom