Diving in bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there in May - June of 2003 but that was too early for the Mola Mola that I was really hoping to see. From what I understand from the dive operators there, yes, there is a season starting around July August. I made several dives on the Liberty which were quite easy. I actually liked the shore dive I made in that area but which was not on the Liberty - was called Alamanda. Saw my first sea horse. Also made a boat/banka dive in that area that I liked. Its best to arrive early, I stayed in Ahmed which was a 10-15 min drive and was much better than making a day drip from Ubud or elsewhere. The Liberty area diving was calm compared to Nusa Penida and Lembongan which had strong current and were colder. My camera was not working by that point of time in my trip so did not matter as the current was so strong it would be very hard to take pix...altho this is the area where the Mola Mola are supposed to be. Did some other dives in Padang Bay the south which were good... i just did not like seeing the 4 dead sharks (thrashers i believe) on the back of a truck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom