Diving in Bahrain?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Made it out to Abu Thalma this past Friday. Nice dive site; cannot imagine anything better in the area. Depth was rather shallow, averaging 36'. Water varied between 86F on the reef, and dropped ~10F off. The reef is relatively healthy with tropical fish. Saw plenty of clown fish, snapper, couple cuttlefish, a large ray (~8-9'), small ray (~2'), two turtles - one large the other small, large hard corals, and other assorted bits.

Boat ride was about 1:45 each way. Long, but not unbearable. Worth the ride and 38BD. Boat was run by Scubamasters.

Gearing up for dive season!

mk706
Keep us updated its not far for me

Cheers
Michael

Hey all, I will be in Bahrain in Febuary and looking to dive! I am still fairly new. I was bound for Guam be that is delayed until May. Was wanting to hook up with a shop to hone skills and get some good diving in. I am certified and have all my gear. I have 15 dives under my belt. My goal is to get as much experience as pssible to some day be a master!! scottsilvia82@gmail.com is my e-mail!

Scott, dive season here runs ~May-Oct. As soon as the southwest monsoon season abates in the Indian Ocean currents change inside the Gulf. Once the currents change seas go from glass to 2-6'. Most shops won't go out if there's more than 1-2'. Temperatures also drop substantially. I've probable completed about 30 trips here, all with Scubamaster. They are very friendly and professional. There's a dive group through the base. I never meshed, preferring diving with Scubamaster instead. The base group uses one of Scubamaster's boats any how. The dive group on base is headed by a dive instructor who offers courses at reasonable prices to military.

Abu Thalma is still my favorite dive site here. Regrettably, it's now over fished. Fisherman continue to drop and orphan pots on the reef killing heads of coral and trapping fish never to be harvested. There are several closer in sites that are good for training. I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.

I was out here last summer when the EMORY S LAND hit the bouy. Surely not her grandest moment! I'm sure you'll love Bahrain. Most do. Great place to spend a year.

SCUBAMASTER | Facebook
Welcome to Scubamaster website

If you have time to catch a flight to UAE there is some decent diving on the east coast here, however you will have to add in a day of no diving to take into account no fly time.

Divers Down do good deals with the Miramar Hotel during the week, and they have some other deals too with hotels in Fujairah

mk706, so is it not possble to dive out of season (e.g. in Mar/Apr)?
I'm in the UAE and diving on the east coast is pretty much year round.

Also, can one do a pearl dive & normal dive on same day?

I'm considering a weekend break to Bahrain and would like to squeeze in a couple dives if possible.

mk706, so is it not possble to dive out of season (e.g. in Mar/Apr)?
I'm in the UAE and diving on the east coast is pretty much year round.

Also, can one do a pearl dive & normal dive on same day?

I'm considering a weekend break to Bahrain and would like to squeeze in a couple dives if possible.

Yes you can do a pearl dive and a normal dive on the same day,
I've been diving with into the blue dive shop the whole year (winter and summer) and they are really good,
the water temp around (66 F) its pretty low, but you should be okay with 5mm wetsuit + hood.

Into the blue dive shop/ facebook page

Scubamaster is going out just about every weekend, usually one boat to support instruction. It shouldn't be an issue to go out with them.

I've recently left the Kingdom and have not been tracking the water forecast. I had gone out several times in 2-5' seas - not fun. The dive boats in the Gulf are not designed for rough seas. I've dove much worse in the States without issue, other than getting back aboard. 2-4' seas in the relatively flat boats found in Bahrain is miserable.

Back
Top Bottom