Diving in Alcapulco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Due to a issue with a LDS, the dive trip to Costa rica I was booked on got canceled last minute and left a bunch of us in the air. We are looking at different options to go somewhere warm durring this same time. One of the people in the group has a condo in Alcapulco. Has anyone dove there? What should I expect? What should we be careful of? Is it even worth going there to dive, or should we look at other options?
Myles

Leave your gear at home if that is where you are headed. I would seek better diving grounds if I were you. How about Grand Turk or somewhere with a Great Wall to dive...

Hi Myles,

They have some nice wrecks in Acapulco, contact the Acapulco Scuba Center for more info.

If you go a bit further South, to the Bays of Huatulco, you'll find warmer water, many more dive sites and a lot more aquatic life. Not to mention the fact that it's pretty much "untouched", very tranquil and not very commercial.

Check out our website for more info.

Roberto

I looked into diving in Acapulco a few years ago and found it was not worth doing. Indeed, I've heard that Acapulco is quite dangerous right now. If I wanted to go somewhere in the area I'd go to Ixtapa. It is great, wonderful little beaches and super diving. When I've been there, the water has been so warm and clear that it was like diving in a bathtub. While there in August, the water was warm even at 90 fsw! I've always used Carlo Scuba when I'm there and it is a great experience.

Just don`t go to Acapulco, diving there is not worth, in fact nothing is worth there but taking a taxi at sunset to see the "clavadistas" (divers) at La quebrada. It`s dead Jim, the place just knew better times. No life, no visibility, lots of garbage scattered on the bottom. Amazingly there`s a very good dive shop there: Swiss Divers, very kind and professional, I said them they should move to another place...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom