Diving in Alanya, Turkey....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dolphin Dive is the biggest and best Dive School in Alanya. You can get more information about our diving school at google. Turkey Diving School Alanya-Antalya, Scuba Diving, Padi, Dolphin Dive.

is that John (erkan) scuba shooter heading there in September and we are fairly inexperienced so need a good dive school can you recommend??

hi
we are travelling to turkey in september, we want to do 8 days diving- there are 3 divers and 1 referal, we would like to do some courses as well advanced and rescue- can anyone tell me which company is good what the dives are like and how many mm does my suit need to be- would be grateful for any help- we want to book soon
Rich

hi
we are travelling to turkey in september, we want to do 8 days diving- there are 3 divers and 1 referal, we would like to do some courses as well advanced and rescue- can anyone tell me which company is good what the dives are like and how many mm does my suit need to be- would be grateful for any help- we want to book soon
Rich

I am not sure what temps you are used to but home (northern california) has high 50sF low 60sF for a water temperature. I dove Maui 3 weeks ago water was 76degrees F I wore board shorts and my thin rash guard with short sleeves. 2 days ago I dove out of Bagsok, Turkey 100km east from Alanya and the surface temp was 77 degrees F and at 80 feet it was 75 degrees F. I only wore the shorts and the thin rash guard again. If you are they type that gets cold easily and considering you want to dive 8 days a thin shortie 3-5mil would be more than adequate. There were a few people who were in 7 mil and I would have died wearing that much.

Keep in mind the water will warm up another 5+ degrees between now and september.

Try Ucagizlar near the town of Ka$. They have daily boat trips there. It's a sunken city right under crystal clear waters. Also lots of huge turtles in the area.

hi
Rich

Hey Rich

How did the trip to Turkey go? I am heading back in 2 weeks....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom