Diving Housing required?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfrymus

Registered
Reaction score
Recreational diving is up to 40m. The regular GoPro Hero 4 housing goes up to 40m.
At the moment, I see no need for a dive housing.

I also want to attach an extended battery to the back of the camera, and the large version only works on the standard housing (up to 40m too). But, if I get the smaller GoPro version of the bacpac, then I believe it would work on the dive and standard housing.
Another reason why I want to stick with the regular

So, if I'm not diving past 40m, is there a need for the diving housing?
It will be used extensively for underwater videos. On average up to 25m. Occasionally deeper to 40m.

-------------
With filters, such as the Backscatter Flip3.1/4.0, I should be okay with using it?
Or is it better/easier to use with the Dive housing?

We have depth tested a gopro4 to 130' and experienced no ill effects. However I like my dive housing for the fact that its latch locks and requires two actions to open.

As for filters I dont use them I do color correction in post production so no insights there.

the regular housing is fine to 40m, been there, been a bit past it actually, however I do know there is a depth not much beyond that maybe a 10% safety that will start leaking. The bigger advantage as said above is the double action locking mechanism. The dive housing comes with a bacpac backdoor fwiw

I've had my Gopro to 138' in the Blue Hole, no leaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom