diving goals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goal# 1- Hit 75 dive by Jan.1 2008
Goal# 2- Do my cavern class by Jan.1 2008
Goal# 3- Do my Intro to cave By July.1 2008
Goal# 4- Don't Die
Goal# 5- Go on a liveabord

Well, there are a lot of destinations I would like to dive, but one goal that, due to time restrictions and a host of other distractions, has eluded me: I'd like to drive to my favorite local dive spot (Reef Point) on a very warm, clear day with perfect dive conditions, take 4 tanks and spend all day diving with long breaks in between...have plenty of Gator Aid, snacks, a lawn chair, etc. And any time I got too warm...go dive. No commitments, restraints, etc.

Dive and video Atlantis Cayman Brac

Dive and video Yonaguni, Japan

Sell a video.

1. Drift dive with Tiger sharks off the coast of South Africa
2. Dive with Great White Sharks near Guadalupe
3. Get full cave certified - dive florida springs, mexican cenotes
4. Live through it all.

Very short term goal: Get weighting and buoyancy control straightened out in the new dry suit.

Next, survive Rec Triox. Preferably without ending up on the surface feet first, as I did the last time I tried to shoot a bag in midwater . . .

Then, go to Cozumel and do some cenote tours, and find out for sure whether I want to do cave training. If so, that's on the menu for early next year.

Long term goal? To get all my skills solid enough so that they can run in the background when I dive, instead of demanding conscious thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom