Diving friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rappy78

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey me and my friend want to go do a spring dive friday and arent sure of what spring is best. We have pretty much narrowed it down to either Alexander or Blue springs. Does any one know about these springs and which one is best? Also if anyone knows of any other good ones in that area.

Alexander has a rather shallow boil area and also has limited access (only so many people in park at one time)but does have what seemed like a pretty nice run of of it (park 1 car downstream and go for it)would depend on which Blue spring you were refering to as there are three major 1st magnitude springs bearing the name "Blue" One is in Alachua County next to Ginne Springs(a wiser choice "Ginne over Blue)the other two are in lafayett county and Madison county (although i dont think your asking about Madison Blue because it is almost in Georgia. Then There is the Blue Grotto(which I understand is a great dive)located close to Devils Den & Forty Fathoms,all three are near Williston. Hope this helps you narrow down your search"Also I believe there is a Blue Spring up by Deland Good Luck :crafty:

Thanx for the info I was talkin about blue springs state park in volusia county in orange city near deland. Does anyone have any info about this spring?

rappy78:
Thanx for the info I was talkin about blue springs state park in volusia county in orange city near deland. Does anyone have any info about this spring?

There is a good review of the dive in the forum. I don't have the link, but just search on Blue Springs.

I dove it two weekends ago. About 20 divers in the spring area (12 or so were students just cruising around the opening). It was extremely overcast, so the light penetration was pretty bad. We hung around 75' and stayed away from the caverns because the lack of light. At about 40' or so there was enough light to explore a bit.

For me this was a check the block kind of dive. It was close enough to make it a morning trip and not blow the entire day.

Chad

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom