Diving Friday 24th???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

46240 is maintained by Hopkins Marine Labs and is located right offshore from their facility. This buoy gives a good indication of what is happening in Monterey Bay, but that can be a very different thing than what is happening in Carmel. If you want to go to Breakwater, 46240 gives you a better idea of what you're going to see than 46042, which is the main Monterey buoy. All predictions, however, start with the swell model for open sea and then are modified to allow for shoreline topography.

You also need to take into account the relative direction of the swell and how it affects the site you want to dive.

I won't be diving Friday but most likely Sat with Maniak... I'm going to be texting him and finding out if it's a nice mellow dive at the Break Water... :)

MG

I won't be diving Friday but most likely Sat with Maniak... I'm going to be texting him and finding out if it's a nice mellow dive at the Break Water... :)

MG
What mellow dive ? I was thinking about a Gorilla dive in Monastery with 8 ft swell :)
Yeah let's meet in Breakwater and if things look good we can go south. So far it is 3 ft wave height near Breakwater (46240). It is expected to be westerly swell so we are pretty much protected.
Anyway if predictions are wrong then I can convey all your grievances to my thesis adviser :)

Mainak

What mellow dive ? I was thinking about a Gorilla dive in Monastery with 8 ft swell :)
Yeah let's meet in Breakwater and if things look good we can go south. So far it is 3 ft wave height near Breakwater (46240). It is expected to be westerly swell so we are pretty much protected.
Anyway if predictions are wrong then I can convey all your grievances to my thesis adviser :)

Mainak

Mainak,

That was funny about us making a Gorilla dive at Monastery, I almost fell out of my chair when I read it.

I think Break Water would be a great run for me since I haven't dove in about one month, did you want to dive dry or wet?

Mike

Mainak,

That was funny about us making a Gorilla dive at Monastery, I almost fell out of my chair when I read it.

I think Break Water would be a great run for me since I haven't dove in about one month, did you want to dive dry or wet?

Mike

8 AM breakwater on Saturday. Lets dive dry.

Mainak

8 AM breakwater on Saturday. Lets dive dry.

Mainak

Awesome,

I will be there at 8am at BW and be diving dry... I'm bringing both 100 hp tanks... Can hardly wait... Hopefully conditions will remain constant or get better...

MG

Awesome,

I will be there at 8am at BW and be diving dry... I'm bringing both 100 hp tanks... Can hardly wait... Hopefully conditions will remain constant or get better...

MG

Going to be a glorious day tomorrow with the latest updates :)

Back
Top Bottom