Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Kanduoiy Giri (KOG) or better known as Fish Factory is one of 19 dives sites in the Best of Maldives route that we dove on March 21 & 26, 2021. It’s where fishermen throw fish carcasses over the pier, where hundreds of fishes gather to clean up the meat off the fishbones. What a sight!

Thanks to Russ of Emperor Voyager / Bemo dhoni & Issey of Emperor Leo / Sirina dhoni for guiding us on these dives.
https://youtu.be/cDkaSKyr7jc

Dan: Always love your trip reports and videos. Thanks for this one. We dove this site 9 years ago at night. When the nurse sharks decided they had eaten all there was to eat, they left and it looked like a huge squadron flying over head. The entire view looking up was nurse sharks. As with your video, tons and tons of rays. Your viz was much better than ours so my video is crap.
Can't wait for your next trip report. They will keep me entertained until we get to dive again...next January. Unless you count our quarry, which I don't. :wink:

Rob

Reactions: Dan
Dan: Always love your trip reports and videos. Thanks for this one. We dove this site 9 years ago at night. When the nurse sharks decided they had eaten all there was to eat, they left and it looked like a huge squadron flying over head. The entire view looking up was nurse sharks. As with your video, tons and tons of rays. Your viz was much better than ours so my video is crap.
Can't wait for your next trip report. They will keep me entertained until we get to dive again...next January. Unless you count our quarry, which I don't. :wink:

Rob
Thanks for your nice compliment, Rob!

I saw schooling Nurse Sharks at night at Alimathaa Jetty, West Vaavu Atoll, Maldives, in December, 2018. That’s my first time in Maldives. What an awesome sight, as you see in the video, below. We revisited this site on my last month trip to Maldives, but not during the night. It showed a different scenery, but still incredible. I’m editing that video clip and plan to upload it in the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom