Diving deep and cold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L&T,

Did you see that movie "Madagascar", about the critters that escape to the wild? Remember the final scene where the penguins are laying on the beach chairs and the rest of the critters haven't figured out that the ship isn't going anywhere? The Head-Penguin-Whats-In-Charge says the immortal line: "...Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave..."

MADAGASCAR : ESCAPE 2 AFRICA Now Playing in Theaters and IMAX

Think of that line when you read Nereas' posts: "...smile and wave, boys, smile and wave..."

(Although even for Nereas, vapor-locking over single steel tanks seems a bit over the top. But with some dudes you just have to consider the source...)

:D

L&T,

Did you see that movie "Madagascar", about the critters that escape to the wild? Remember the final scene where the penguins are laying on the beach chairs and the rest of the critters haven't figured out that the ship isn't going anywhere? The Head-Penguin-Whats-In-Charge says the immortal line: "...Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave..."

MADAGASCAR : ESCAPE 2 AFRICA Now Playing in Theaters and IMAX

Think of that line when you read Nereas' posts: "...smile and wave, boys, smile and wave..."

(Although even for Nereas, vapor-locking over single steel tanks seems a bit over the top. But with some dudes you just have to consider the source...)

:D

That is always the way to deal with those posts....read the idiocy, giggle, roll eyes, warn others that it is the internet and not everything you read is true :rofl3:

Guys....when people are threatening you with impending doom for diving wetsuits with steel tanks, they're talking about 2 of them - a set of double steel tanks. Not one single tank, no matter what its made of.

I'm not familiar with anyone on the board going around warning divers they're going to die if they use a single steel tank with a wetsuit. Divers who cannot dive in a wetsuit with a single steel tank need to take up golf. The only thing a single steel tank does for a wetsuit diver is take some lead off their weightbelt.

Take what you hear on the internet generally and SB specifically with a grain or two of salt.

Regards,

Doc

Thanks for the clarification. I typically dive a 130 in a full wet suit and have never had a problem. I was curious if I was exposing myself to additional hazards I hadn't previously thought of. Makes more sense now.

That is always the way to deal with those posts....read the idiocy, giggle, roll eyes, warn others that it is the internet and not everything you read is true :rofl3:

:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2: WHAT?!?!?!?!? :shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

Divers who cannot dive in a wetsuit with a single steel tank need to take up golf.

But I stink at golf...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom