Diving cured my ganglion cyst!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So, I've had what I strongly suspect to be a ganglion cyst on my right wrist for a while - and for the last several weeks, it has just been killing me. It seemed like every day, it was hurting noticeably more - and the pain had gotten to the point I could barely lift things with my right hand, and it kept me up at night when I was trying to sleep. Yeah - I know - should go to the doctor. Not the point (esp. with no health insurance).

So anyway - on Saturday I had my OW sessions for my RD class. I was somewhat leery, due to my wrist pain - but I figured it was good enough in the pool so what the hell? So, I went. And guess what? My wrist seems to be completely cured. It went from god-awful pain for weeks to no pain at all, overnight. Now what the hell is up with that?? Didn't go more than 10m either.

Now - this post is tongue in cheek - I KNOW that diving didn't really cure the problem, esp. since my wrist is still all swollen and such, but it sure as hell has made the pain go away - at least for now. I'm at a loss to explain why.

Last edited:
I had one on my wrist and I would punch it hard and it would go away for about 6 months or so.
That works pretty good. The last time it came back I finally had it surgically removed because it made my wrist seal of my drysuit leak. So I guess you could say diving cured mine as well.

I don't think diving, especially in a pool, cured it. My husband had one for several years and as a instructor, he is an active diver. He had it surgically removed finally and it has now grown back and starting to bother him again. :depressed:

hey, maybe if you got health insurance, you could use them to cover your dive trips! :))

My wife had one and the doctor told her to hit it sharply with a spoon. I said, "***" but she tried it and ta da it was "broken" and cured. It may have been the pressure. but ***? it sounds like it worked :)

I suspect what happened was the compression from the dive caused it to break...releasing the pressure and relieving the pain.
Back in the day, when I first got into medicine, we used to resolve ganglions by hitting them with a bible.
Same theory.....pressure applied directly to the cyst.......Tah Dah...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom