Diving Concepts drygloves on DUI suit.....HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a DUI TLS350 and recenly purchased a set of Diving Concepts Snap-on Drygloves. http://www.divingconcepts.com/link2.htm

Ideally, I want to maintain the inner seal, just in case the glove gets punctured I won't get water in the suit. However, following the directions, I was unable to turn the sleeve right side out after installing the connector ring. Simply put, the ring is wider than the sleeve at the wrist and won't fit. From what the link shows, they were able to do it on a neoprene drysuit that stretches, unfortunately tri-lam does not, well, I'm not going to try and stretch it.

I ended up installing them without the inner seal, which after following the directions went just fine. Does anyone here have the same setup as me and was able to install them with the inner seal? If so, how'd you do it?

Thanks in advance,

Mel

melfox26:
I have a DUI TLS350 and recenly purchased a set of Diving Concepts Snap-on Drygloves. http://www.divingconcepts.com/link2.htm

Ideally, I want to maintain the inner seal, just in case the glove gets punctured I won't get water in the suit. However, following the directions, I was unable to turn the sleeve right side out after installing the connector ring. Simply put, the ring is wider than the sleeve at the wrist and won't fit. From what the link shows, they were able to do it on a neoprene drysuit that stretches, unfortunately tri-lam does not, well, I'm not going to try and stretch it.

I ended up installing them without the inner seal, which after following the directions went just fine. Does anyone here have the same setup as me and was able to install them with the inner seal? If so, how'd you do it?

Thanks in advance,

Mel
What size 350? Can you pass the plastic ring though the sleeve?

I have installed the Skanna gloves (which are the same) on different suits and seen it done on lots of DUI suits. It is a tough procedure and there are "little tricks" to get it to work. (If I haven't done it in a while the first one usually takes a bit of time and I have to "re-learn" how to do it. The second sleeve usually takes me a couple of minutes...with a few grunts and sweating and swearing in the process :wink:

Most people try to have the ring to close to the edge of the tri-lam (not far enough into the wrist seal.)

Also, when trying to do the turn it back through the sleeve, pay attention to where the seam is on the drysuit and don't do the "turn" with pressure against the seam (all that does is make a tight fit, tighter).

On my Bare drysuit, I have successfuly installed the ring without going through the sleeve at all. It's difficult, but similar to the procedure for installing the dryglove onto its ring.

You capture the wrist seal O-ring inside the seal by putting the O-ring inside and folding the wrist seal back under itself, trapping the O-ring in the bend of the wrist seal.

Place the wrist seal on a table and trap the O-ring (inside the wrist seal) between the plastic ring and the table by pushing down on top of it. Now you have to stretch the O-ring/seal over the top of the plastic ring. Then wiggle it around and get it all settled before putting the second O-ring over the top.

I have the DC neo dry gloves with the snap seals. I dive a neo dry suit but I opted for the gloves sans the inner wrist seal. I have found the seals extremely reliable to date (about 30 dives on them) and I like the fact that I don't need to worry about a hose along my forearm or wrist to allow air passage as required with the inner seal variety. The down side is the risk of suit flooding if I tear the glove. I have experienced this as well. My glove was torn by a lady with long nails the week prior (long story) and I did not know it. As soon as I submerged I felt the water enter the gloves. I surfaced to check out the problem and discovered the location of the tear. The leak was so slow, and the liners were so good wicking away water that I was still able to make a 20 minute dive in 34 degree water.

You would want to be more careful with dry gloves in general. Be careful what you grab to prevent a tear.

--Matt

Back
Top Bottom