Diving Computer North Edge Aqua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Barmaglot

Can't you just surface at 3 min? The SS is not mandatory, generally not penalized for skipping or cutting it short, Wouldn't the computer just end the dive? Looks like the SS can't be changed.

What SF settings did you use Cons, Norm, Aggr? Any idea what GF they seem to track to compared to your Perdix? Did you dive it on nirtox?

@SiriusS Look forward to your report. No dive time is a serious omission.

My diving experience is considerably smaller than yours, but with one exception, I have always seen the safety stop as three minutes at five meters. This computer always does five, which leaves you hanging for an extra two minutes as your buddies (and guide) are twiddling their thumbs. The one exception that I know of are Suunto computers that give you five minutes of safety stop if you get close to NDL at a significant depth (30 meters or so), but this one does it every time.
I always told my dive guide and/or buddy that my safety stop is 5min.
No eclipsed dive time is a deal KILLER.

This computer always does five, which leaves you hanging for an extra two minutes as your buddies (and guide) are twiddling their thumbs.

You need a different set of buddies and guides not a different dive computer. Two minutes should NOT cause any issues between friends at all.

My DC gives me the choice for any precautionary (safety) stop time and I choose 5 minutes always. None of my buddies or guides or anyone complains about it at all, none.

I use adaptive safety stop on my Perdix so it will kick in a 5 minute stop depending on a few factors. When I was diving in Mexico a few years ago 5 minutes was their standard stop. No need to rush and who cares if they need to wait a couple minutes usually there is something to look at unless your doing a stop in bad vis or blue water with no reference.

I will make a full review of the computer when I will be back from the diving trip, the rust part is pretty concerning.. I agree with you that no dive time is a bad thing but at this price I believe is a good deal ( if it will live 2-3 years). Did somebody use it with nitrox?

Hi guys,
Is any body use or tried North Edge Aqua diving computer. Please share with me your comments

thanks
Cagri
I have tried on my dive trip lately. Here is my review:

Pros:
Can wear like normal watch.
Weather prediction.
You can set conservative, normal, aggressive mode on NDL alarm.
You can set oxygen level in nitrox setting. Support nitrox diving.
Scuba diving screen has north direction.

Cons:
You need to manual set to scuba diving mode and it is the farthest mode to set.
Safety stop 300s. Going up early there is no penalty. U cant change safety stop time.
Temperature like always higher than usual may be 1-2 celcius.
It may have false scuba diving section that only last few seconds.
No surface break non diving time between dives.
No depth profile.

Back
Top Bottom