Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all! I have recently come to beautiful NZ looking for work as a Dive Master and have just found out about the COC I am required to complete before I can get in the water. It makes sense to me that I have to complete it but as I understand, the process is long and complicated. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done? I looked on the worksafe website at all the forms and am in the process of reading them. I heard from someone though that entering the logbook information was particularly tricky because the man who looks at them does not believe in dive computers (??) and wants us to calculate RNT with dive tables. Is this correct information? Any additional information I should be aware of? Any people I should be in contact with who can help me with my questions?
Thanks for your help!

I recently went through this process and I can confirm that the logbooks can be a bit of a problem. I would recommend going through and making sure that every little bit of information is in there.

Make sure you get started as soon as possible as your medical will have to be done and approved before you can apply to worksafe for a coc. If there's a dive shop near you I would recommend popping in and having a chat to them. I'm sure they'll be happy to help you understand the process as they will have all done it before.

Back
Top Bottom