Diving certificate and first week November diving Bali?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

harryopal

New
Reaction score
Greetings to members.

Just referred to this site today. I haven't used an aqualung for many years and don't have a certificate although I have continued snorkeling across the years in many locations.

My daughter is an experienced diver and is coming to visit, first week in November. I am a retired resident living in Jimbaran. Before she arrives I would like to find a centre in this part of Bali with a pool where I could do a refresher and get a certificate?

My daughter has indicated an interest in Mola although I gather the season, as such, is at the tail end. She will only have a couple of days here so cruising is not an option and would ideally like to find a dive centre somewhere not associated with upper end accommodation but reasonably priced and professional.

Thanks in anticipation of some responses.

Aqualung did you say?! Oh well, you'd certainly need a refresher dive...
Out of joke : if you want to get a licence for diving it'll take you 4 days minimum, not just one day. That said you could as well do 2 days theory before she comes, you'll also need open environment dives (ie. in the sea). Search for "open water" where you'll get that explained.

Molas are not found on the easiest spots, you may not be qualified enough to dive for them (last Molas I'd seen were between 25 and 40m deep, sometimes with moderate currents). For your daughter I'd suggest Padang Bai, Gekodivers.
Mola sightings depend on how the season folds and unfolds, sometimes they are spotted late until november (last year for instance), sometimes you hardly see them in august/september.

Harry,
There's several good dive centers in Sanur. Just go there and talk to the instructor.
As Luko mentioned, need 4 days to get OW and then you can enjoy Bali diving. No need to go together with your daughter for mola2.
Mola2 is amazing but Bali diving is still great without mola.. And you live there.

Lucky you to be living in Bali ! I’ll second the recommendation on gecko dive in Padangbai for your daughter. You could also ask them for your refresher or certification - my son did his open water and then the Advanced with them and it was all very well organized and run.

There are several dive operators in Padang Bai but NOT everyone goes to Manta Point/Crystal Bay everyday to catch a glimpse of the mola mola. Your best bet is to ask around the day before. Luckily PB is pretty small by any standard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom