Diving Cancun / Riviera Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fallout

New
Reaction score
Lived 9 months in Cancun, Mexico and made my hole apprenticeship till Divemaster Level. I was diving with alwaysdiving.com // BUCEO PROFESIONAL - PROFESSIONAL SCUBA DIVING // BIENVENIDO - WELCOME and just made excellent experiences.

One of the absolute highlights was always Cenote (Cavern) Diving, i can only recommend this unforgetable experience to all of you. cristal clear water, amazing cavern formations and the sunlight entering the water like a laser! My favourite Cenotes: El Pit, Angelita and Dos Ojos

Cozumel is also a great opportunity to dive, specially the wall there is amazing! coral reef formations growing out of the wall building kind of a labyrinth...

In front of cancun are a few good spots, quite shallow and with a lot of live! also good possiblity to see some sharks. bullsharks, nursesharks, blacktip etc... once i saw a group of dolphins join us during the dive. also a couple of wrecks with a huuuuuge amount of barracudas... also a group of stingrays is passing by there often. very cool dive spot... wreck's called C58!

if you have the possibility to go there during June - September DON'T MISS THE WHALESHARK SNORKELING!!!

cheers and keep the bubbles up!

Hi Fallout,

you are so right about the Cenotes and Cozumel and I can only recommend to everybody to go snorkeling with the whale sharks. That´s so great even without tank on your back.
I personally think Playa del Carmen is the better place to start these dive excursions because it´s right in between the great local dives, Cozumel and the Cenotes. Only for the Cenotes you have a transfer time from Cancun of about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Thats just too much.
I made very good experience with DiveMex in Playa del Carmen. They have very good prices and offer a great and personal service.

Many greetings

1.5h in such a big country as it is mexico isn't that much...

we made 4-8hour boattrips just to find whalesharks :wink:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom