Diving Bali - March 5-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings from Dubai,

Was wondering if youll could recommend a resort/hotel with a good house reef with corals for snorkeling perhaps off the beach in bali.

Appreciate the help...

Cheers

Lyndon

Hey Lyndon, when are you diving? I'll be there 16-20th march and diving Tulamben, where most of the sites are accessible by shore, including the Liberty wreck.

pinklizard:
Thanks Scott for the OK divers recommendation. Its run by Europeans?

Padang Bai looks good, centralized and close to both Tulamben as well as the main areas. Reason being my friends at in Kuta and I was thinking of spending the last day (prior to flight) there with them. Are there any other recommendations of dive ops that are single-friendly and easy with anything? (eg: unlimited dives, long dives)

MGW: I'll leave lombok for now as I haven't been to Bali in a couple of years and would like to spend some time there.

Thanks guys

OK divers is the best for long dives.. you can also hire the guy at blue parrot to take you out privately, a good option if you are very experienced...he'll take you in crazy conditions if you want! my best dives were from padang bai at mimpang, in ultra-strong currents....I also highly recommend doing a solo night dive from shore in the bay in front of ok-divers, max depth is 3 meters, but its an awesome dive.

long, unlimited dives - I used the dive shops at pondok vienna in amed, and at puri madi in tulamben, and I was very happy with both. but I did all the diving myself (just me and my buddy) in tulamben and amed, no guides.

do you want to dive solo, with a buddy, with a guide, or with a buddy and also a guide?

yes, ok divers is run by a couple from the czech republic, they also speak great english.

Lyndon - I give pondok vienna in amed my highest recommendation for a great hotel, great value, and great snorkeling/good diving right from the hotel!

scott

Thanks again Scott. I'm looking to dive with a buddy or guide, as long as the buddy has similar air consumption and 'free' style.

Will keep this in mind. This round, I'm only going to dive purely Tulamben, try to get to know as much about those sites. Got to leave crazy conditions and strong currents till I know a little more about it :)

Back
Top Bottom