Diving back in....IN MEXICO!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveDivaRach27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone,

Well, it's a while since I've been here taking about diving. In fact, it's a while since I last talked about diving. I was least in the ocean around seven years ago, though I have done a fair bit of pool stuff (teaching seal club, to keep my skills from getting too rusty). I 'gave up' to have some kiddies, two lovely boys, who are now seven and five years old but it's high time I got back into diving so I have booked a three week holiday to Mexico in September.

From the 11th, I will have two weeks to explore the east coast and of course, I am particularly interested in exploring the cenotes :) I am not cave trained (yet!) so just interested in the caverns and I am looking for recommendations for diving and accommodation. I am travelling alone so would really like to meet some like-minded people to experience this with.

For what it's worth I am female in my mid-30s, an MSDT with experience in the UK, Aus and NZ :)

Thanks in advance,
DD.

There are plenty of dive outfits and independent guides for cenote (cavern) tours, and you'll find a number of recommendations if you sift through older threads. One whom I thought was great was Eric "Budgie" Burgess. He's an ex Royal Navy diver and now just enjoys living the good life as a guide in Tulum. He can help arrange anything you want, including transport and accommodations.

There are plenty of dive outfits and independent guides for cenote (cavern) tours, and you'll find a number of recommendations if you sift through older threads. One whom I thought was great was Eric "Budgie" Burgess. He's an ex Royal Navy diver and now just enjoys living the good life as a guide in Tulum. He can help arrange anything you want, including transport and accommodations.

Thanks very much Lorenzoid! Just the kind of recommendation I was looking for!

If you prefer that sort of personalized service, also consider Natalie Gibb of Under the Jungle. But there are plenty of options. Cenote Experience is often mentioned on SB. And several others.

I second the recommendation for CenoteXperience I have been diving with Nico & his brother Martin for over 6 years. In fact I will back diving with them this Friday. They are great guys and excellent dive guides and love what they do. Tell Nico that Steve from Canada sent you.

Back
Top Bottom