Diving at Gilboa Saturday, January 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Viz was very good... even venturing down into Jackson's hole was very clear and bright...

I was there with dconstanza and a couple of buddies...

Air temp 26°F
Water temp 41°F

Viz approx 50-70ft or better (You could see entire length of plane)

maybe I'll meet you there sometime...

wb

Deb is right. I didn't get the message to her or she would have been there to. If she would get on the Scuba board a little more she would have had the info she needed. Sorry Deb.

Hey CWB

Don was supposed to get ahold of ICUROK but never did. I wish he would have let us know he was there. He sounded pretty excited to go and we were wondering if something happened. Glad to hear he didn't miss out on a good day of diving. It looked like you guys on that first platform had a bit of a time getting back up that hill...

Jeff 'Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie
Actually, I did try to contact the group. Sent an email to Preston Friday night "...that I was going to be diving with a couple people that I just found out were going to be there..." When I got back Saturday afternoon I noticed the email "bounced back" to me and thus had to resend it to Preston. I haven't gotten it back so that one must have went through to him. Since Scott, sent his reply to my office address, I didn't get it until this morning, thus sent him a reply also.

I apologize if this caused an inconvenience.

Best Regards
Don

Hey Don

It didn't cause any inconvenience we were just wondering if anything had happened. He said that you were pretty excited to go diving. We ate breakfast with Preston in the morning and he had not gotten your email.
We had a great day of diving and very happy we went. Weather, vis and company was all I could have asked for and I had all three. I'll let Scott know that you were there.
It sounds like there was a bit of a problem with email. Same thing happened with me and my dive buddy from Michigan. She didn't go because of poor emailing skills on my part. I should have just called......

Jeff " Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie
Sorry about the confusion... I emailed Scott this morning when I noticed his reply came to my office address and not my home.

Icurok was right...I'm always excited about diving; however, when plans changed I wanted to let Preston know. I felt like a idiot when I noticed that the message I sent came back to me...I can only imagine what the group thought.

Glad you had good company, good dive and good vis. Did the group get their moments captured on film?

Maybe we could hook up in the near future? I'd like to meet you and Icurok.

Best Regards
Don

Yes Don they shot a lot of video of the set up of our gear and lots of discussion about the task at hand that day. The show will be aired on January 27th WFYI out of Indianapolis @ 7:30 pm. A show called "Across Indiana". I can't wait to see it. There was also some underwater video taken of the Tree popping to the surface. You will have to watch it. We will have to get together sometime and do some diving. Like Scott always says, "the more the merrier".

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Nitrox Junkie once bubbled...
It looked like you guys on that first platform had a bit of a time getting back up that hill...

Jeff 'Great lakes diver"

Most of us parked at the top and walked down (including me), so by the time I'd left they hadn't attempted to get up the hill yet with the trailer.

Sounds like they may have had a little fun doing so.

wb

Here is a picture of Jeff arond 127 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom