Diving around Wichita Falls Tx. ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silverfish

Reaction score
I have family in Wichita Falls. I wondered it there were any decent dive sites in that general vicinity.

Fiqured if anyone knew it would be one of you guys.

The closest place to Wichita Falls to dive is Possum Kingdom Lake and it is about 85 miles south of here. I go to Possum Kingdom Lake almost every weekend in the late spring and summer, so if you would like to tag along with us just send me a PM and let me know when you are coming.

Texan....lemme know when you plan to hit PK next. Turns out that ScubaPoint is just about the same distance from my home as Terrell or Athens.

And I'd want swing through the sunken pecan orchards or explore the cliff walls than just watch the fish in Terrell. Besides, I still wanna see that boat of yours.

--Mike

Tex, thanks so much for the invite. I remember hearing my sister mention Possum Kingdom. I don't have any current plans to visit, but, that means nothing. I could wind up down there any time. Thanks again,I'll be in touch.

I'm always looking for a partner to dive Lectra which is on Ft Sill, about 50 miles north on I-44. Let me know if you want to come up here. The vis is pretty good down to about 20 feet and lots of neat rocks, little fishies.

thanks for the input tracydr. If I ever get the chance to dive your way I'll give a yell.

I'd have "yelled" sooner but I had computer problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom